LIDOPATCH® INGREDIENTS, USAGE & SAFETY
- Lidocaine 3.6% (topical analgesic)
- Menthol 1.25% (counterirritant)
Aloe Barbadensis, Diazolidinyl Urea, EDTA Disodium Salt, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 80, Propylparaben, Sodium Polyacrylate, Water
Temporarily relieves minor pain associated with: arthritis, simple backache, bursitis, tendonitis, muscle strains, sprains & bruises.
Directions for Use for Adults and Children 12+
Apply (1) patch to affected area for a maximum of 12 hours. Do not use more than 1 patch every 24 hours. Children under 12 and women who are pregnant or breast-feeding should consult their pediatrician or physician before use.
- Remove backing from patch by firmly grasping both ends and gently pulling until backing separates in middle.
- Carefully remove smaller portion of backing from patch and apply exposed portion of patch to affected area.
- Once exposed portion of patch is positioned, carefully remove remaining backing to completely apply patch to affected area.
- Fold used patches so that the adhesive side sticks to itself, and safely discard used patches or pieces of cut patches where children and pets cannot get to them.
Important Safety Information and Warnings
LidoPatch is intended for external use only. Do not use if you are allergic or sensitive to lidocaine or menthol. Do not use if the protective pouch is damaged or opened. Keep out of Reach of children and pets. If swallowed, seek immediate medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Allergic reactions, though rare, can occur. You should not use this product if you are sensitive to local anesthetics such as lidocaine, or to any of the other ingredients in LidoPatch.
- Even a used LidoPatch patch contains lidocaine. A small child or a pet could suffer serious adverse effects from chewing or swallowing a new or used LidoPatch patch. Store and dispose of patches out of the reach of children, pets, and others.
- LidoPatch patches should be worn for no more than 12 hours a day. Never reuse a patch.
- Avoid the use of external heat sources, such as heating pads or electric blankets, while wearing LidoPatch – as this has not been studied.
During or immediately after using LidoPatch, the skin around the patch may develop a change in color, colored spots, irritation, itching, flaking of the skin, rash, bruising, swelling, pimple-like raised skin, a cyst containing fluid, pain, burning, or abnormal sensation. These reactions are generally mild and go away on their own within a few minutes to hours.
Stop Use and Ask a Doctor if:
- Excessive redness or irritation is present
- Condition worsens or pain persists for more than 7 days
- Symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days
Application, Handling and Disposal
- Apply LidoPatch immediately after removal from the protective envelope.
- Hands should be washed after applying and removing LidoPatch, and eye contact should be avoided.
- Do not store LidoPatch outside the sealed protective envelope. Keep LidoPatch out of the reach of children and pets at all times.
- Prior to disposal: fold used patches, so that the adhesive side sticks to itself, and safely discard used patches or pieces of cut patches where children and pets cannot get them.